Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hunger Games Chapter 21 Comprehension Questions

Chapter 21

1. Who's the first to get their pack?
The first tribute  to get to thier pack first is Foxface. She gets it first because right away when the table clicks into place with all the packs., she runs for it as fast as possible and darts out even faster. Katniss was mad that foxface used such a brilliant and risky idea. She wished she could of came up with it. 

2. Who catches Katniss?
Clove catches Katniss. 

3. Why does Thresh let Katniss go?
Thresh lets Katniss goo because she helped Rue. Rue was Katniss's ally. Rue was from thresh's district. He was mad about them killing her. But after Katniss told him about her singing to her and covering her up in beautiful flowers as they took her up in the hover craft. Thresh felt some sympathy and knew he must owe her in some way. So from that he let Katniss goo. 

4. Why does Katniss think Cato will go after Thresh and not her?
Katniss thinks Cato will go after thresh and not her because he's the one that took his pack. Cato could also be after Thresh because he killed his partner tribute from his district. Cato  shouldve been very mad about that so Katniss hopes he takes it out all on Thresh.  

Important Quotes (4 minimum)
1. "And I'm overwhelmed by Rue, and the pain in my head, and my fear of Thresh, and the moaning of the dying girl a few feet away."
2. "Conflicting emotions cross Thresh's face. He lowers the rock and points at me, almost accusingly. 'just this one time, I let you go. For the little girl. pg 288 
3. Spirits must be running high in District 12. We so rarely have anyone to root for at this point in the Games."(pg.280)
4. My hands go to my head and then drop to my lap, slick with blood. The last thing I remember is an exquisitely beautiful green-and-silver moth landing on the curve of my wrist."(pg.289)

No comments:

Post a Comment