Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hunger Games Chapter 15 Comprehension Questions

Chapter 15

1. Who forms an alliance with Katniss?
Rue forms an alliance with Katniss. Katniss allows this because rue did save her from the careers by letting her know about the nest. If she wanted her to die she never would have told her about it. she tells Rue that she's smart ennough to even be alive. She trusts Rue.  She also reminds her sometimes of Prim of how little she is and everything. 

2. How does this alliance benefit both parties?
The alliance benifits both Rue and Katniss because both minds can work togther to beat the careers. Two and two is better than one left by itself. Both Katniss and Rue have supplies they can gather up to have sufficient needs towards both. They can use eachothers supplies for things they dont have. Like Rue uses some of Katniss ointment for her burns and Rue helps Katniss with her stings with a method Rue knows from back home that involves some leafs from the arena she found. And Katniss shares her captured food with rue. 

3. What are some differences between District 11 and District 12?
There are alot of differences between district 11 and 12. District 11 is based on agriculture and district 12 is based on coal mining. Rules in District 11 are worse than they are in district 12. Rue says that they're not allowed to eat the food they harvest because they'll get whipped publicly. Katniss was showcked because there are hardly any public whippings in her district. And she always thought that District 11 citizens could eat thier harvested food. she was wrong. I guess the mayor is district 11 whatches his pople carfully while in Katniss's district she wished they payed more attention to her District. 

Important Quotes (4 minimum)
1. " I wonder what gale made of the incident for a moment and then i push the whole thing out of my mind because for some reason Gale and Peeta do not coexist well together in my thoughts. " pg. 197 
2. "I enter a nightmare from which I wake repeatedly only to find a greater terror awaiting me. All the things I dread most, all the things I dread for others manifest in such vivid detail I can't believe they're real."  pg. 195
3. The weapons give me an entirely new perspective on the Games. I know I have tough opponents left to face. But I am no longer merely prey that runs and hides or takes desperate measures. If Cato broke through the trees right now, I wouldn't flee, I'd shoot.  pg. 197
4. " It's interesting, hearing about her life. We have so little communication with anyone outside our district.  pg 203 

No comments:

Post a Comment