Monday, September 27, 2010

Hunger Games Chapter 8 comprehension Questions

Chapter 8

1. What do the scores in the trainings mean to the tributes? What scores do Peeta and Katniss receive?
The scores in the trainings meant how good you did. It ranked from 1-12. 1 meaning the lowest; in wish it was really badd! 12 means the highest score possible; in wich you did very good! These scores tell your viewers how good or bad you did with the gamemakers. However the scores are only for sponsers. Its not accurate that you'll actually win the games. Peeta gets an 8, and Katniss scores an 11! wich is really good for her!

2. How did Katniss and Gale meet? Describe their story.
Katniss and Gale met one day in the woods while hunting. Katniss was on her own track but came across something that look like a trap that had a rabbit hanging by its neck from a tree. Thats when Gale popped out from a tree near by and greeted her. Katniss was impressed with his snares and asked for tips. She also gave him tips of plants. after that they always met up to hunt and talked with eachother about these hunting tips. From there they became bestfriends and told eachother everything. 
Important Quotes (4 minimum)

1. "That was the first time I ever saw him smile. It transformed him from someone menacing to someone you wished you knew. But it took several months before I returned that smile." pg. 111
2. "I dig my fingernails into my palms as my face comes up, expecting the worst. Then they're flashing the number eleven on the screen. Eleven!" pg. 108
3."Now I've ruined everything! If i'd stood even a ghost of a chance, it vanished when i sent that arrow flying at the Gamekeepers.What will they do to me now? Arrest me? Execute me? Cut my tounge and turn me into an Avox so i can wait on the future tributes of Panem?" Pg. 103
4. "Being out in the woods with Gale...sometimes I was actually happy."pg.112

No comments:

Post a Comment