Monday, September 27, 2010

Hunger Games Chapter 10 Comprehension questions.

1. Why does Peeta reveal his love for Katniss? Do you think he really loves her? Why or why not?
Peeta reveals his love for Katniss only for show. It was only to give the audience something to talk about. Thier relationship status will give them more sponsors for the game. i think Peeta does really like Katniss because he shows that he really does care. He's always complimenting her on her hunting skills. He's even asked about Gale, to see if she had something with him. This only proves that he's jealous and does like her. 
  
2. What is Peeta’s main concern during the hunger games?
Peeta's main concern during the hunger games is he thinks it might change him. He doesnt want to become a monster that kills people. He wants to stay true to himself, even when he dies. He wants to show the people that he's not another peice to the game.  

3. How does the Capitol view the previous arenas of the hunger games? How many games have there been?
The capitol views the previous arenas of the hunger games as historic sites. Tourist are welcomed to all arenas used. They can even have reenactments. However they do not use the same arena over, they always bring a new one. In total, including Katniss's, there have been 74 games.  

4. What do you feel is the purpose of the hunger games?
I feel the purpose of the hunger games is to show that the Capitol has more power overall. They can make you do about anything they want and you cant do anything about it. The reason for all this was due to the rebellions that happened long ago towards the capitol. They now do this to keep the districts in line, so they dont rebel again.
  
Important Quotes (4 minimum)
1. "And I'm not looking to escape, only to fill my lungs with air. I want to see the sky and the moon on the last night that no one will be hunting me."  pg. 140
2. "Finally, I am too restless to even stay in bed. I pace the floor, heart beating too fast, breathing too short. My room feels like a prison cell."(pg.140)
3. "Then I hear the legendary announcer, Claudius Templesmith, as his voice booms all around me. 'Ladies and gentlemen, let the Seventy-forth hunger Games begin!' "(pg.147)
4. 'I don't want them to change me in there. Turn me inro some kind of monster I'm not.' pg. 141 

No comments:

Post a Comment